Transakt is an app developed by Entersekt to bring banking-grade two-factor authentication to your mobile device. Transakt works with LastPass to enable you to authenticate your login by responding to a simple Accept or Reject prompt directly on your mobile phone or tablet.
Transakt protects you against threats such as phishing, man-in-the-middle, man-in the-browser, and replay attacks. It’s free to install and a snap to configure for use with LastPass.
After you have completed the LastPass installation, do the following:
1. On your mobile phone or tablet, go to gettransakt.com.
2. Install the Transakt app.
3. On your computer, go to My LastPass Vault and log in using your email address and your LastPass master password.
4. From the Actions menu, click Settings.
5. Click the Multifactor Options tab and select Transakt.
6. From the Transakt Authentication list, select Enabled. A popup screen displays a unique sign-up code:
7. Open the Transakt app.
8. In the Introduction screen, click Let’s begin.
9. In the Transakt Signup screen, do either of the following:
- Click Scan code and scan the code displayed on your computer screen.
- Click Enter code and type in the eight-digit code.
10. On your computer, click OK when you receive the message that Transakt authentication has been successfully set up.
11. On the Multifactor Options page, click Update.
12. When prompted, enter your LastPass master password.
13. Log out of LastPass.
The next time that you log in to LastPass, an authentication request will be sent to your Transakt app:
Simply click Accept.