LastPass Sesame Authentication
LastPass Premium members can use an ordinary USB thumb drive as a second form of authentication when logging into their LastPass account. Having a physical second form of authentication will help further ensure that your account will remain safe because both your Master Password and your USB thumb drive are required to log in. Sesame is a cross-platform application that is available for Windows, Mac and Linux.
Watch the Tutorial for Using Sesame
- Download Sesame from the LastPass downloads page, click on your operating system and select the version of Sesame specific to your system. You can then move the file (or download directly) onto your USB device.
- Run Sesame and you will see the empty Sesame dialog:
- On your first run, you will be prompted to activate the software by Adding your LastPass login to the user list.
- Enter your username and Master Password to login
- A prompt will appear saying that an e-mail was sent asking you to confirm the registry of Sesame.
- Check your email and click the link. By default, the email link will expire after 10 minutes to protect your security. If you click on the link and it says ‘Link Expired’, please re-send yourself the activation link and try again.
- After seeing the success page when clicking the link, go back to Sesame and click “OK”./li>
- Enable or disable offline mode and mobile access in the next prompt:
Note for Linux users:The USB device is mounted noexec, which prevents running executables from the drive. To fix, remount the device with the exec flag, for example by “sudo mount -o remount,exec <device> <mountpoint>”.
Once activated, Sesame will create secure One Time Passwords (OTP) that are subsequently required to login. You have the choice to copy the OTP to the clipboard or launch the browser and pass the value automatically.
Table of Contents
- Help Center and FAQs
- Downloading and Installing LastPass
- LastPass Mobile
- LastPass App for Mac
- Your LastPass Icon
- Your LastPass Vault
- Adding & Filling Sites
- Editing an Existing Site Entry and Editing Form Fields
- Importing Passwords
- Account Settings
- Browser Extension Preferences
- Secure Notes & Attachments
- Password Generator
- Fill Form Basics
- Multifactor Authentication
- LastPass for Applications
- LastPass Credit Monitoring
- LastPass Sentry
- LastPass Command Line Application
- LastPass via USB
- Windows 8 Metro
- Uninstalling & Deleting
- Site Map