LastPass for iOS is an application that will allow you to carry your LastPass data around with you and easily login to websites from your iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad.
It requires iOS 8.0 or later and is compatible with:
- iPhone (4S, and 5, 6, 6+, 7, 7+)
- iPod Touch (5th generations)
- iPad (2,3,4, Mini, Air, Air Pro)
Installing LastPass for iOS
Go to the App Store on your device and search for LastPass Password Manager. Tap GET to install.
LastPass for iOS decrypts your data and displays all of your Secure Notes and Sites in a searchable interface. It also allows you to add, update, and delete Secure Notes and Sites. After installing, launch LastPass and login:
For iOS devices that support Touch ID, you will be prompted to choose to login with Touch ID instead:
The LastPass Vault
From the Vault page, you will have access to all major LastPass features and options.
The first thing you will see is your Sites tab and a list of all Sites that you have in your LastPass account. Tapping on any of these Sites will bring up your Site action menu:
This menu allows you to Delete the entry, Launch your Site in the LastPass browser, View the Site entry and credentials, Edit the Site, Copy the Username or Password from the entry to the iOS clipboard, or Show the Password, or Share the item, or Delete the item. Launching your site from the Vault will AutoFill your login credentials for that particular Site using the LastPass in-App browser.
The Notes tab is a separate listing of all the Secure Notes that you have stored in LastPass. Tapping on a Note here will allow you to view the Note:
Clicking ‘Edit’ will allow you to edit the note as seen below. By clicking on the camera icon, you can add an image to the note. By clicking on the microphone icon, you can add a voice recording to your note.
By clicking on the Tools icon at the bottom, you will be given a number of options:
- Generate Password – generate a new password.
- LastPass Extension – install the LastPass Extension in Safari and Chrome.
- Emergency Access – Setup a trusted person to access your account in an emergency
- Security Challenge – Run the Security Challenge.
- Identities – Switch to a new Identity
Under Your LastPass Account you’ll find your account User Name, whether or not you have LastPass Premium or not, and your Premium Expiration date. Tap Change Master Password change your master password on LastPass built-in browser. Tap About LastPass for iOS to find the version number and build date of the app.
- Use Touch ID: Enable to use Touch ID to unlock your account (only available on devices that support Touch ID).
- Use LastPass Pin Code:Protect your account with a 4 digit PIN code.
- Lock Options: Choose how often LastPass reprompts for authentication before accessing the Vault after coming back from device lock or switching apps.
- Auto Logout: Choose how soon LastPass logs out after not using the app for a designated amount of time
- Clear Clipboard: Set how fast the clipboard clears after copying a password from LastPass
- Authorize Apple Watch: Enable LastPass on Apple Watch
- Use Apple Watch Pin Code: Allow the use of pin code on Apple Watch to prevent unauthorized access to LastPass.
- Allow Custom Keyboards: Disable this option to disallow Custom Keyboards to be used while in the LastPass App
- Remember Email Enable to have LastPass remember the email address.
- Remember Master Password: Enable to have the LastPass App remember the Master Password. This option is not recommended.
- Log Out on Close: Enable this option to have LastPass automatically logout whenever your quit the app.
- Clear LastPass Cache: Delete your local Vault data. It will be repopulated the next time LastPass syncs with the server.
- Clear Device Clipboard: Clear the clipboard of any data.
- Clear Browser Cookies: Delete all cookies created by sites while browsing with the LastPass browser.
- Clear Browser Cache: Delete the LastPass browser history and cache.
- Close All Browser Tabs: Clear all browser tabs in the LastPass browser.
- Refresh Vault: Manually refresh the Vault to sync changes.
- Default Search Engine: Set what Search Engine you would like to use.
- Block Cookies: Control which cookies are stored when visiting sites.
- Close Browser Tabs on Logout: Enable to have your tabs automatically close when you logout.
- Clear Browser History on Logout: Enable to have your history automatically delete when you logout.
- Clear cookies on logout: Enable to have all cookies deleted automatically when you logout.
- Include Secure Notes in Search Results: When searching, include text from within Secure Notes.
- Include Usernames in Search Results: When searching, include usernames.
- LastPass Data Center: View which data center you are currently using.
Autofilling with LastPass
With LastPass iOS 8 and above, LastPass can autofill in Safari on iPhones and iPads with the LastPass extension.Enable the LastPass Extension in Safari.
Enable Safari extension
- Disable Safari Autofill:
- Go to iOS Settings
- Find and tap on the Safari icon
- Under General, tap Passwords and Autofill for iOS 8 devices. For iOS 9, tap Autofill.
- Toggle Names and Passwords off
- Download the LastPass App from the App store and login.
- In Tools, tap “LastPass extension” and choose “Enable Extension”.
- Tap “Add the extension”.
- In the lower list, scroll the extensions to the right to reveal the ‘More’ button.
- Tap ‘More’ and find LastPass on in the list. Swipe the radio button to the right to enable it.
- LastPass will now appear in your list of extensions. You can tap and drag the LastPass icon to move it anywhere on your extensions list.
Using the LastPass extension:
Now that you have LastPass enabled, browse to a site you would like to login into:
To get to the LastPass browser, you can launch a site from your LastPass Vault or choose the Browser icon at the bottom.
When you launch a site from the LastPass Vault on your iOS device, it will automatically fill in your login credentials. If you choose to manually navigate to a site using the browser, you can still use LastPass from the menu.
LastPass for Apple Watch
Enable LastPass for Apple Watch
- First pair your Apple Watch to your iPhone
- Tap Apple Watch App on your iPhone
- Scroll down and tap LastPass
- Next to Show App On Apple Watch, slide the switch to the On position so the app appears on your Apple Watch
- Launch LastPass, log in, and then enter Settings.
- Under Security, there is an option called “Authorize Apple Watch”. Slide the switch to the “on” position. You will be presented with a warning because many LastPass security features are not available on the Watch.
To use a PIN code to prevent unauthorized access through the Watch, enable “Use Apple Watch Pin Code”. Slide the switch to the “on” position and you will be prompted to enter a PIN code. This code is separate to the PIN code used in the lock screen, but they may be the same.
Using LastPass for Apple Watch
Your Vault is available on LastPass for Apple Watch while you are logged into LastPass on the iPhone. It will always show the vault of the currently logged in user.
From the Vault you can view Site information, Secure Notes, and your Form Fill Profiles. You can view the complete Vault by tapping the “safe” icon. You can search your Vault by tapping the magnifying glass. New Secure Notes can be added by hitting the “plus” icon.
Filling into Apps
LastPass can fill any app that have made themselves compatible with LastPass. Click here to see the full list of supported apps. To autofill into compatible apps, do the following:
- Log into the LastPass App on your iOS device
- Go to the compatible app
- Look for an autofill icon in the login fields
- Tap the icon
- In the popup, choose the LastPass extension
- Select the appropriate credentials
- LastPass will now autofill the data for you to login!
LastPass URL scheme and Launch Center Pro
Other iOS applications can use the LastPass URL scheme to launch LastPass and perform actions on your behalf. This is particularly useful when used with applications such as Launch Center Pro.
If you are not currently logged into LastPass, or the LastPass lock screen is active, the action will be completed after login is successful or the app is unlocked.
These are the four actions that can be performed, with example URLs:
Performs a search of ‘text’ in the vault and recently visited sites, as if it were typed in the text bar at top.
Opens LastPass with the vault as the selected tab.
Opens the provided web URL in a new tab, which in this example is ‘http://example.com’
If the site is in your vault, your saved credentials will be filled.
Opens the provided secure web URL in a new tab, which in this example is ‘https://example.com’
If the site is in your vault, your saved credentials will be filled.
LastPass and iCab
We have joined with iCab, a leading mobile browser for iOS, to support LastPass. With iCab’s update to 7.2, LastPass Premium users can enjoy direct integration with the browser, with the ability to save new sites, fill logins stored in LastPass, and fill forms with LastPass profiles.
When you launch the browser, you can log in and out of your LastPass account from iCab’s settings (the gear icon). The LastPass icon will then show in the iCab URL bar, which is actually a clickable menu. From the menu, you can save a new site, fill a form with an existing profile, fill a login saved in LastPass, or launch the LastPass.com site.
iCab is available for $1.99* on the App Store for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad with iOS 5.1 or later.
Note that none of the multifactor authentication options are currently supported on iCab mobile browser.
If you have multifactor authentication enabled for your LastPass account, and have restricted mobile login, you’ll receive an error that the device is restricted.
You will need to go to your LastPass Icon > My LastPass Vault > Settings > Multifactor Authentication, ensure that you have permitted mobile access with your multifactor authentication method. Then in the “Mobile Devices” tab ensure that you uncheck the “restrict” option, if it was previously checked, then log in again on the iCab mobile browser.
*price subject to change. Please see App Store for current price.
Table of Contents
- Help Center and FAQs
- LastPass Now Free On All Devices
- Getting Started with LastPass
- Downloading and Installing LastPass
- Using LastPass on Your Mobile Device
- LastPass App for Mac OSX
- Navigating the LastPass Browser Extension
- Your LastPass Vault
- Adding & Filling Sites
- Editing an Existing Site Entry and Editing Form Fields
- Importing Passwords
- Account Settings
- Emergency Access
- Browser Extension Preferences
- Sharing & Share Center
- Secure Notes & Attachments
- Generating Secure Passwords
- Using LastPass to Fill Forms
- Protecting Your Account with Multifactor Authentication
- Filling into Windows Applications
- LastPass Security Challenge
- LastPass Credit Monitoring
- LastPass Command Line Application
- LastPass via USB
- Windows 8 Metro
- Uninstalling & Deleting
- Site Map