LastPass sharing allows you to share sites and secure notes with another LastPass user securely. The two most common uses for Sharing include:
- Allowing a family member or friend access to a website
- In a work situation where the company has a login to a 3rd party site
- Syncing changes are only available between two Premium users.
- If the sharer or sharee deletes the shared site, the share will be revoked and will disappear from the sharee’s vault.
- Secure Notes do not offer the ability to hide the password from the sharee.
The Sharing Center is your home for all things sharing. Here you can share, view and manage sites shared to you and from you, as well as manage your Shared Folders. To get to the Sharing Center, go to your LastPass Vault and find “Sharing Center” in the left menu.
The Sharing Center has 3 main sections:
Awọn Shared with Others tab lists all sites you have shared and to whom you shared them with. Awọn Pending list shows who you have sent sharing invitations to but have not accepted, yet. Awọn Accepted list shows who have already accepted shares.
Hover over items to bring up more options.
Awọn Shared with Me tab lists all sites that have been shared with you. Awọn Pending list shows items that have been shared with you but you have not accepted yet. Awọn Accepted list shows items that you have already accepted.
Hover over items to bring up more options.
Awọn Manage Shared Folders tab lists all Shared Folders in the Vault. For more on how to use and manage Shared Folders, see the Shared Folders page.
If you are a Premium or Enterprise LastPass user and have not created a shared folder, click the red plus sign at the bottom right to create a new shared folder.
Share Items with Others
There are two main ways to share a site.
Option 1: Share with the Action Icon
- Click on the Action Icon in the bottom right to bring up the Action menu:
- Choose Share Item from the Action menu.
- The Share dialog will pop up:
- Enter the email addresses of people you would like to share items with on the left. On the right, enter the sites you would like to share with them. Check “Allow Recipient to View Password” if you would like to give the recipient permission to view the password.
- Click Share to send the Share invitation to the selected users for the selected sites. Once the invitations are accepted, the site will be successfully shared!
Option 2: Share from the Site
- In the LastPass Vault, hover over a site to see further options:
- Click the Share icon to bring up the Sharing dialog:
- Enter the email addreses of the people you would like to share this item with. Check “Allow Recipient to View Password” if you would like to give the recipient permission to view the password.
- Click Share to send the Share invitation to the selected users. Once the invitations are accepted, the site will be successfully shared!
Accept Items Shared with You
When someone shares a site with you, you can find pending shares in the Sharing Center. When there are pending shares waiting for you to be accepted, a notification will appear on the Sharing Center in the left menu:
When you see this notification, go to the Shared with Me tab in the Sharing Center to view your pending shares.
Important Note Regarding Hidden Passwords
- Savvy end users could potentially access the password if they capture it using advanced techniques, but LastPass will never be able to access this data because it has been encrypted using their public key.
- It is also possible to obtain shared passwords using another password manager.
- LastPass recommends that you use a generated password specific to the site that you’re sharing and not share any passwords that you’re uncomfortable with the recipient obtaining.
Table of Contents
- Help Center and FAQs
- LastPass Families
- Getting Started with LastPass
- Gbigba ati fifi LastPass
- Using LastPass on Your Mobile Device
- LastPass App for Mac OSX
- Navigating the LastPass Browser Extension
- Rẹ LastPass Ile ifinkan pamo si
- Fifi & Àgbáye Ojula
- Nsatunkọ awọn ẹya tẹlẹ Aye titẹsi ati Nsatunkọ awọn Fọọmù Fields
- Akowọle ọrọigbaniwọle
- Account Eto
- Emergency Access
- Aṣàwákiri Ikùnà-saju
- Pínpín & Share Center
- Ni aabo Awọn akọsilẹ & Asomọ
- Generating Secure Passwords
- Using LastPass to Fill Forms
- Protecting Your Account with Multifactor Authentication
- Filling into Windows Applications
- LastPass Security Challenge
- LastPass Ike Abojuto
- LastPass Òfin Line elo
- LastPass nipasẹ USB
- Windows 8 Metro
- LastPass Now Free On All Devices
- Migrating Accounts From Meldium to LastPass
- Yiyo & Npa awọn
- Site Map