Microsoft Authenticator App
Microsoft has an authenticator app for Windows Phones, called Authenticator, and third-party authenticator apps can be used for other platforms. Microsoft Authenticator can be enabled with your LastPass account, so that you enter your email address + master password, then a code generated by the multifactor app when logging in to your LastPass account. Microsoft authenticator app is supported on Windows Phone 7 and Windows Phone 8 devices and is compatible with Google Authenticator. The Microsoft authenticator app can be downloaded from the Windows app store here: http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/authenticator/e7994dbc-2336-4950-91ba-ca22d653759b or by searching in the store on your device.
Setup Microsoft Authenticator
- Microsoft Authenticator is compatible with Google Authenticator. Go to the LastPass Vault > Account Settings > Multifactor Options > Google Authenticator.
- Click “View” to view the barcode.
- In your Microsoft Authenticator app, tap on the + button to add a new account.
- On the next screen, tap the scan/camera button and scan the QR code.
- A new set of codes should now appear in the Authenticator app.
- Back in LastPass, set “Enabled” to “Yes”.
- Click Update
- You will be asked for your Authenticator code. Use your Authenticator app to fill in the code.
Using Microsoft Authenticator to Login
After your LastPass account is enabled with Microsoft Authenticator, the next time you login to LastPass on an untrusted device, you will receive the Google Authentication dialog:
Go to your Microsoft Authenticator App and input the current authentication code you see in the app into this dialog. If the code expires before you have a chance to authenticate, simply use the next code that appears in the app.
Table of Contents
- Help Center and FAQs
- Downloading and Installing LastPass
- LastPass Mobile
- LastPass App for Mac
- Your LastPass Icon
- Your LastPass Vault
- Adding & Filling Sites
- Editing an Existing Site Entry and Editing Form Fields
- Importing Passwords
- Account Settings
- Browser Extension Preferences
- Secure Notes & Attachments
- Password Generator
- Fill Form Basics
- Multifactor Authentication
- LastPass for Applications
- LastPass Credit Monitoring
- LastPass Sentry
- LastPass Command Line Application
- LastPass via USB
- Windows 8 Metro
- Uninstalling & Deleting
- Site Map