LastPass offers free credit monitoring alerts for all users in the United States. The service provides real-time protection, notifying users who enable the feature via pop-ups and email alerts if their credit report suddenly changes. These alerts allow users to proactively monitor their credit report and provides an early warning system for signs of identity theft.
The service features a free and a Premium version, the latter offering additional features for $9.95 per month.
Why Use LastPass Credit Monitoring Services?
- Unexpected changes to your credit report or errors in your records can serve to be a critical warning sign that your identity may have been, or will soon be, compromised.
- Proactive, regular, round-the-clock notifications of changes to your credit will help you better protect your identity and your financial security against identity theft and credit error.
- LastPass will monitor your credit and provide timely notifications if we detect any changes that could be a sign of trouble.
- Keeping watch over your credit rating should now be part of your personal security regimen. But keeping a vigilant, non-stop watch over one’s credit rating is expensive and time-intensive, and only checking your free annual credit report (validated by the Federal Trade Commission, or FTC), makes it likely you won’t catch inconsistencies or fraud until after it has become a much bigger problem.
- Monitoring your credit with LastPass credit monitoring alerts is safe and does NOT affect your credit score
- There are no strings attached with the free credit monitoring alerts – you are not required to upgrade to Premium credit monitoring at any time
- LastPass does not ask for your credit card information unless you choose to upgrade to the Premium version
LastPass’ free credit monitoring alerts should be used as a way to determine when to get your free annual credit report (validated by the FTC), or simply as a way to receive more free, round-the-clock information than is normally available to end-consumers.
Identity theft, credit monitoring, and credit reports are complicated topics, and we are fully committed to helping our users stay away from bad business practices in the industry. Our free credit monitoring alerts are intended as a free, valuable resource to help our users more proactively monitor and protect their data, identity, and finances.
What is LastPass Free Credit Monitoring
LastPass free credit monitoring alerts are designed to continuously monitor your credit report to detect any possible errors or warning signs of identity theft. With the service proactively monitoring your credit report, you can better safeguard your personal identity.
- The LastPass credit monitoring alerts can be enabled for FREE in a Form Fill Profile and does not require any payment information to enable.
- Receive a notification, issued by TransUnion, when there have been additions, deletions, or changes to your credit report
- Cross-check the alert with your recent actions that would affect your credit report (did you open a new credit card or take out a loan?)
- If you cannot account for the change, use your free annual credit report, validated by the Federal Trade Commission (FTC)
- Your free credit alerts will contain limited information, so your free annual credit report should help you understand what has been added or changed in your credit report. If you want more timely information or help in resolution, consider LastPass Premium credit monitoring
Enable Credit Monitoring
Once you have logged in to your LastPass account, go to More Options on the left menu > Advanced > Credit Monitoring.
Click the “Enable Credit Monitoring” plus icon at the right bottom of the screen. You will be prompted to select an existing or create new Form Fill Profile to enable free credit monitoring.
If you want to enable credit monitoring for an existing Form Fill Profile, click the checkbox on the left to select the profile and click Enable Credit Monitoring. If you need to edit it first, select the profile > hover your mouse pointer to it until you see the Edit option and click on it. Once finishing editing, click the checkbox to enable Credit Monitoring and click Save as shown in the screenshot below:
A profile can also be opened from the Vault by clicking on the LastPass extension icon when logged in to see a drop-down menu > selecting Form Fills > clicking on the wrench icon. In the Edit dialog, select “Enable free credit monitoring” for that profile. Ensure that all fields for your personal and address information are filled in, including your name, address, social security number, phone number, and birth date. Select ‘OK’ to save the changes to the profile and agree to the changes being made. Now that free credit monitoring is enabled, you will receive a pop-up notification on your desktop and an email alerting you to any changes that may affect your credit report.
If you do not have a Form Fill Profile, select Create New Profile option in Credit Monitoring window. Or go to your LastPass Icon in your browser, select Fill Form and choose to ‘Add a Profile’. A profile can also be created from the Vault by clicking on the Form Fill tab and selecting “Add Profile”. Enter all personal data needed, including your name, address, social security number, phone number and birth date. Once complete, check the “Enable free credit monitoring” and save the profile, agreeing to changes made. Now that free credit monitoring is enabled, you will receive a pop-up notification on your desktop and an email alerting you to any changes that may affect your credit report.
Once enabled, you can view your credit monitoring report or alert after 24 hours by going to the vault > select More Options on the left navigation pane > Advanced > Credit Monitoring.
Click on the link to see your credit monitoring page. On this page, you will see notifications of any suspicious credit activity, as well as a link to upgrade your service to premium.
What is LastPass Premium Credit Monitoring?
The Premium credit monitoring service offers more comprehensive protection for your identity. While the free credit monitoring alerts you that changes have happened that could affect your credit report, the LastPass Premium credit monitoring provides intricate details of why your credit changed and how you may go about investigating and resolving unauthorized credit changes. Suspicious issues are, with your approval, investigated, unauthorized activity stopped, and records restored by a team of experts at no additional charge.
The Premium service costs $9.95 per month and can be purchased here. Note that the Premium credit monitoring service is separate from LastPass Premium, which offers access to mobile apps, additional security features, and other benefits for $36 per year.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Triggers a Credit Monitoring Alert?
- A change in your personal information. These types of changes are most commonly caused by a change of address or a new address record in your name.
- A change in information that could impact your credit score. These type of alerts include new accounts opened in your name, over-limit credit cards, delinquent accounts, bankruptcies and more.
LastPass credit monitoring protects you by continuously monitoring for any signs of potential credit tampering or changes in the above information, including:
- A change of address
- A change of personal account information
- Opening of a new account
- Closing of an existing account
- Reporting of a delinquent account (30 days late, 60 days late, 90 days late, 120 days late)
- Your credit card limit is exceeded
- Your credit card is reported lost or stolen
- Notification of suspected fraud
- Indications that your credit has been frozen
- Credit inquiries
- A judgment or suit
- A new public record
- A new collection notice
How Will I Be Notified of Changes To My Credit Report?
When LastPass detects a change that negatively impacts your credit rating, the LastPass browser plugin will display a pop-up alert that you can click on to obtain more information. You will also be sent an email notifying you of the change.
What Do I Do When I Receive a Credit Monitoring Alert?
When you receive an alert, you need to find out what type of activity triggered the alert, determine whether or not that activity is fraudulent, and take action to remove any fraudulent items from your report.
The free credit monitoring alerts only notify you of a change, so the user must investigate further on their own. The Premium service provides more in-depth information on what changed in the user’s credit report, and how the user can investigate and resolve the change.
Can I refresh My Credit Monitoring Data?
Subscribers to the Premium credit monitoring service can use the “Refresh Credit Reports” link in the Overview page of their credit monitoring dashboard to re-pull their credit data every 30 days. If it has been less than 30 days since the last refresh, the link will disappear. Once clicked, you will see a message that the “Credit Report & Scores Refresh has been submitted. Your new credit data will be available in 24 hours.”
The feature is not available to users signed up for the free credit monitoring alerts.
Do I Get a Free Credit Report?
To receive your free annual credit report, as mandated by the FTC, we recommend you do so via https://www.annualcreditreport.com , the service recommended by the FTC. LastPass free credit monitoring only alerts you to the fact that a change has occurred, but does not provide in-depth information on what changed and how to resolve the change, nor does it provide your free annual credit report.
LastPass Premium credit monitoring does provide continual access to your credit scores, as well as detailed information on changes that have been made to your credit report. If you prefer not to request your free annual credit report, or want access to up-to-date information, you may want to consider LastPass Premium credit monitoring.
What Information Is Used For The Credit Monitoring Services, And Is It Safe?
In order to enable credit monitoring in your LastPass account, you must create a Form Fill Profile with your first name, last name, full address, Social Security number, phone number and birth date. The data is securely transferred via SSL to TransUnion® in the case of the free credit monitoring alerts, and to all three credit bureaus in the case of Premium credit monitoring, to monitor your personal information across thousands of databases, actively seeking evidence of fraud or identity theft on your behalf.
Monitoring your credit with LastPass credit monitoring alerts is safe and does NOT affect your credit score. There are no strings attached with the free credit monitoring alerts – you are not required to upgrade to Premium credit monitoring at any time. LastPass does not ask for your credit card information unless you choose to upgrade to the Premium version.
Where is LastPass Credit Monitoring Available?
Credit monitoring is currently only available in the United States.
Where Do I Direct Further Questions?
For our US-based users who have general questions about LastPass credit monitoring, our customer service representatives are available at 1-800-830-6680 to address your questions and comments, Monday – Friday 8:00 am – 6:00 pm MST.
For billing questions regarding LastPass Premium credit monitoring, please open a support ticket and we will promptly respond to your inquiry.
For general LastPass support, please open a support ticket and include any relevant details for our team to investigate with you. The above phone number is for credit monitoring questions only, it is not for general LastPass support.
Table of Contents
- Help Center and FAQs
- LastPass Families
- Getting Started with LastPass
- Downloading sy fametrahana LastPass
- Using LastPass on Your Mobile Device
- LastPass App for Mac OSX
- Navigating the LastPass Browser Extension
- Ny LastPass Vault
- Manampy & Mameno Sites
- Fanitsiana ny Làlana Site-teny sy Fanontana Form Fields
- Fanafarana tenimiafina
- Tefin'ny Kaonty
- Emergency Access
- Navigateur Extension Safidy manokana
- Fizarana & Share Center
- Secure Notes & Ny kofehy mifamatotra
- Generating Secure Passwords
- Using LastPass to Fill Forms
- Protecting Your Account with Multifactor Authentication
- Filling into Windows Applications
- LastPass Security Challenge
- LastPass nahazoan-Fanaraha-maso
- LastPass Command-dalana, pejy Application
- LastPass alalan'ny USB
- Windows 8 Metro
- LastPass Now Free On All Devices
- Migrating Accounts From Meldium to LastPass
- Uninstalling & Tsy mahalala tsara
- Site Map