LastPass has support for various fingerprint readers, including Windows Biometric Framework, as a Premium feature. Once enabled, you can use the Fingerprint reader to login to the LastPass browser extension, rather than having to enter the Master Password. This includes Master Password reprompts as well.
- ವಿಂಡೋಸ್ 7 or above
- Must have Windows Biometric Framework drivers installed (WBF is only available in Windows 7+)
- Safari and Opera can be supported by installing an additional binary component.
- ವಿಂಡೋಸ್ 8 may require an additional component to be installed. This component is installed by the LastPass Universal Installer. If you are having problems swiping your finger in Windows 8, please try running the LastPass Universal Installer from: https://lastpass.com/installer/
- Chrome extension also requires the binary component.
Enable Fingerprint Authentication
- Open a supported browser with the latest LastPass extension installed.
- Login to LastPass with a premium user account.
- Go to LastPass button -> My LastPass Vault.
- Click Account Settings.
- Click on the Multifactor Options tab.
- Toggle ‘Enable’ from No to Yes.
- Click Update.
- Enter your LastPass master password, then follow the rest of the prompts on the screen.
Fingerprint Reader Not Detected?
For UPEK fingerprint readers, make sure you have the latest drivers and and support for Windows Biometric Framework. For PC based UPEK readers: Please ensure you have Windows Biometric Framework for UPEK installed.
**PLEASE NOTE**: UPEK merged with Authentec, Inc., which was acquired by Apple in 2012. There currently is no direct download site for drivers and software for these readers, please look to your computer manufacturer’s website for driver downloads.
For Mac-based UPEK readers: You will need the latest version of TrueSuite for MAC, and for Safari, Firefox, or Chrome. Please ensure VtApi.framework is present on your system (typically in /Library/Frameworks). For Validity Fingerprint readers, download WBF support at this page**.
Unfortunately, the driver used for HP ProtectTools can not be combined with this WBF driver for LastPass integration. This is by design as the native drivers are secure drivers and “take ownership” of the sensor, meaning no other application can use it. To keep HP ProtectTools and use the fingerprint features for Preboot Authentication, Full Volume Encryption, Windows logins and website logins, then they must use the native Validity drivers ONLY. If you install the WBF drivers it will interfere with the operation of the fingerprint feature in HP ProtectTools.
If that happens, you will need to uninstall the WBF package, and then Repair or uninstall and re-install the Validity native drivers, called “Validity Fingerprint Sensor Drivers” in Programs and Features. Validity suggests that if a customer wants both HP ProtectTools and LastPass, is by installing the WBF drivers and FMA from above and then installing Lastpass in a Virtual Machine.
It can be done the other way around, however, some of the high-security features HP ProtectTools has will not work 100% from a Virtual Machine, such as Device Access Manager, Full Volume Encryption, and Preboot Authentication. Validity hasn’t verified operation of HP ProtectTools and the native Validity drivers in a Virtual Machine.
- ಸಹಾಯ ಕೇಂದ್ರ ಮತ್ತು ಆಸ್
- LastPass Families
- Getting Started with LastPass
- ಡೌನ್ಲೋಡ್ ಮತ್ತು LastPass ಅನುಸ್ಥಾಪಿಸುವುದು
- Using LastPass on Your Mobile Device
- LastPass App for Mac OSX
- Navigating the LastPass Browser Extension
- ನಿಮ್ಮ LastPass ವಾಲ್ಟ್
- ಸೇರಿಸುವ & ಸೈಟ್ಗಳು ತುಂಬುವ
- ಅಸ್ತಿತ್ವದಲ್ಲಿನ ಸೈಟ್ ಎಂಟ್ರಿ ಮತ್ತು ಎಡಿಟಿಂಗ್ ಫಾರ್ಮ್ ಜಾಗ ಸಂಪಾದನೆ
- ಪಾಸ್ವರ್ಡ್ಗಳು ಆಮದು
- ಖಾತೆ ಸೆಟ್ಟಿಂಗ್ಗಳು
- Emergency Access
- ಬ್ರೌಸರ್ ವಿಸ್ತರಣೆ ಆಯ್ಕೆಗಳು
- ಹಂಚಿಕೆ & Share Center
- ಸುರಕ್ಷಿತ ಟಿಪ್ಪಣಿಗಳು & ಲಗತ್ತುಗಳನ್ನು
- Generating Secure Passwords
- Using LastPass to Fill Forms
- Protecting Your Account with Multifactor Authentication
- Filling into Windows Applications
- LastPass Security Challenge
- LastPass ಕ್ರೆಡಿಟ್ ಮಾನಿಟರಿಂಗ್
- LastPass ಆಜ್ಞಾ ಸಾಲಿನ ಅಪ್ಲಿಕೇಶನ್
- ಯುಎಸ್ಬಿ ಮೂಲಕ LastPass
- ವಿಂಡೋಸ್ 8 Metro
- LastPass Now Free On All Devices
- Migrating Accounts From Meldium to LastPass
- ಅನ್ಇನ್ಸ್ಟಾಲ್ ಮಾಡಲಾಗುತ್ತಿದೆ & ಅಳಿಸಲಾಗುತ್ತಿದೆ
- ಸೈಟ್ ನಕ್ಷೆ